Elul—The Sixth Month of the Hebrew Year 5782
August 28–September 25, 2022
You Have Stayed in Faith and Praise—Now Watch and See What the Lord Has Birthed!
I like the tradition of reading Psalm 27 each day during this month. The Lord is our light and salvation. He brings increase and victory. Let’s watch for the revelation (light) and victory (salvation) He brings us. As we entered the previous month, Av (July 29–August 27), the Lord spoke to us about daily declaring our identity. He also spoke to us about “birthing.” We were to keep declaring our identity as overcomers and the Lord’s warriors, and were to remain in praise. Regardless of our circumstances, we were to be full of faith and praise. But it wasn’t just about “getting through” a difficult time, it was also about “birthing.”
The Lord wanted us to have an expectancy of something new being birthed in our lives. Personally, I have been expecting this in three areas:
An explosion of healing and healing ministry
A rapid increase in the rising up of apostolic centers for harvest
A renewed mantle of God’s favor. He wants me to ask boldly and with great expectation.
Am I seeing those results? Yes, I believe I am seeing movement/results in each of those three areas. I know it is the same for you. Elul is about increase, and also about help being given. Last month was about the Lion of Judah roaring (and we roaring in faith with Him). Now watch for the resulting breakthrough.
The Month of Elul
1. The month of the tribe of Gad. When Gad was being born Leah said, “A troop comes” (Gen. 30:11), which indicates increase. Also note Jacob’s blessing in Genesis 49:19, which states, “Even though a troop will trample over him, he shall triumph.” This indicates that this is a month of triumph and victory.
2. The month to camp—or to find your place in the order of camps—in the company of the Lord. A mistrust of others or a desire to “go at it alone” are because of roots of rejection or an orphan spirit. Last month was about shifting into our identity. The more we are connected to and are part of God’s family, the more this shifting will come about.
3. The month of rewards. Rewards begin to manifest over what you have done. Think “reward,” and ask the Holy Spirit to help you to be able to see all the good things God is giving you. You will begin to reap what you have sown. If you constantly labor and never see the reward, you’ll get burned out. You need to know how to abound . Also in these end times, let us remember the sowing-reaping cycle is rapidly speeding up.
4. The month the King is in the field. He is coming to visit us and to help us in our work and ministry. I like the story of Ruth. Boaz came and visited the field she was gleaning in. Her life completely changed. God has the same waiting for us.
5. The month of the Hebrew letter yod [י]. Yod is connected to the number ten. It’s the only letter that is suspended in midair; it indicates appointed mercy from the hand of God. Ask Him for mercy for any situation in your life that needs solving.
6. The month of Virgo (the maiden). “I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine” (Song of Sol. 6:3). The more we are connected to His family, the more we enter into intimacy with Him. Again think of Ruth. She drew near to Boaz and claimed her family rights. God wants us to draw near to Him so He can give us all the “rights and blessings” provided for us in Jesus.
7. A month to run into the tower of might—a strength greater than yours that can encompass you. You don’t have to be strong all the time, but you can enter into His strength (see Proverbs 18:10 ).
8. A month for inner knowledge of peace to be activated. Always find time to “regroup” in order to be whole.
9. The “point month.” The understanding of the beginning so you can begin to reach your end.
10. The month to fix what has been broken. (If He doesn’t tell you it’s fixable, let it go.)
11. The month of complex systems beginning to be managed.
12. The “mother month.” The month of nurturing. This month is apostolic, just like Av. Whom are you looking after? Who is looking after you?
13. The month where Rebecca gave birth to Jacob and Esau. Do you “birth” blessing, or something that God is going to hate later on? What are you contending for? What is contending for you?
14. The month of the left hand—controlling the sense of action and good or bad emotions. You need to be sure your emotions are in good order. God gives us great ability to stand in the midst of emotional conflict and still abound. You don’t need to be someone who is unstable or unreliable. You have the ability to be a burden bearer.
(This material comes from my 2006 notes taken from a series of lectures [on CD] given by Chuck Pierce [Glory of Zion]. I highly recommend his website for more materials and more in-depth explanations. —Ron Sawka)
 “I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound” (Phil. 4:12).
 “The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe” (Prov. 18:10).