Ron Sawka Ministries
Sept 6, 2023; Elul 20, 5783
Preparation by Breaking Final Strongholds
We’re in the middle of forty days of very important preparation! We know Jesus was driven by the Holy Spirit into the wilderness where He underwent forty days of preparation by fasting and testing. This began on the first day of the sixth Hebrew month, Elul. Jesus was tested by the devil and his demons (wild beasts). He was also helped by angels (see Mark 1:12–13). When He emerged forty days later on Tishrei 10—the Day of Atonement—we read, “Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit to Galilee, and news of Him went out through all the surrounding region. And He taught in their synagogues, being glorified by all” (Luke 4:14–15).
What an incredible time of preparation He had. This is how we should be viewing these days until the Day of Atonement (Tishrei 10/Sept. 25). God wants us to emerge in the power of the Holy Spirit. He wants news of us to begin to spread. He wants opportunities to open up for us.
Here are some points regarding this time of “preparation”:
1. Keep confident! God wants to deal with strongholds and any old patterns that may be holding us back. These may be so deeply ingrained that you might despair of ever getting victory. But remember what David said, “Though an army may encamp against me, my heart shall not fear. Though war may rise against me, in this I will be confident” (Ps 27:3). It doesn’t matter how formidable the problem/stronghold may seem. Keep confident in the Lord.
2. Make no mistake—it is the Lord’s chastening. Yes, that problem or issue that may be rearing up now is no accident. You can think of it as “wild beasts,” which Paul also referred to, stating, “I have fought with beasts at Ephesus” (1 Cor. 15:32). The Lord wants you to stand strong in faith. He is with you because He wants to help you break that stronghold. Hebrews 12:11 states, “Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness.”
3. Multiple angels have been dispatched to help you. They helped Jesus and the angels ministered to Him (see Mark 1:13). The availability of help is a theme of Elul, and remember “a troop comes” (Gen. 30:11). God wants you to overcome. It may not seem like it, but angels have been sent to help you break through.
4. Don’t allow yourself to be despondent. I love Psalm 42:5, 42:11, and 43:5, which read, “Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him.” Don’t give in to the temptation of thinking God isn’t involved in your situation. Getting us to not trust in God is always the main point of Satan’s temptation. If we allow feeling sorry for ourselves, or begin to worry about how “we” can/should solve a problem, we will actually come into agreement with the devil and that stronghold will remain.
5. Be joyful and allow no negative speech. We have to consciously keep making the faith choice of joy. What will doom this is speaking out negative thoughts. Proverbs 13:3 says, “He who guards his mouth preserves his life, but he who opens wide his lips shall have destruction.” So make the choice constantly. Yes, God is involved and He will bring victory and breakthrough. Stay in joy.
So make good use of these days of preparation. God wants each of us to emerge in the power of the Holy Spirit so He can be glorified.
Thanks for praying,
Ron and Teddy
Teddy Update—Teddy continues to be at her family home in Ohio caring for her 95-year-old mother. She has been there since mid-July. Yarn Alive activities resume this week after a month-long break, and the women are well able to handle things on their own.
The Month of Hope and Great Expectation!
Elul The 6th Hebrew Month of 5783, August 18–September 15
Elul is connected to the tribe of Gad, whose name means “a troop is coming” (Gen. 30:11). God wants us to know help is on the way. The Lord has troops of angels that He sends to aid, help, and minister to us (see Heb. 1:14). Expect help and increase.
More about Elul may be found here.
Sept. 17–18, Japan, Kobe Eiko Kirisuto Kyokai
Sept. 22–24, Malaysia, Sibu, Hosanna Church
Sept. 25–28, Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Agape School of Ministry
Sept. 29–Oct. 1, Malaysia, Bintulu, Canaan Assembly
Oct. 2–8, Malaysia, Kota Kinabalu
MPP (Mondays–Fridays, 6:00–6:45 a.m.)
Next scheduled days off: Monday, Sept. 18, Sept. 25–29
Weekly Broadcast Schedule (Times are listed in Japan Time, UTC+9:00.)
Apostolic for Russia—Fridays, twice monthly: August 25, September. 1, 15 7:00–8:00 p.m. Join us on Zoom (Meeting ID: 840 2016 0640, Code: 219951), or watch on YouTube.
Apostolic for China—Saturday, September 16, 8:00–9:30 p.m. Join us on Zoom (ID: 823 7276 5237, Code: 878174)
Note, I usually post links to my public Facebook page.
Ron’s new book, How to Activate Prophecy and Revelation Gifts, the first title in our new “Apostolic Center Training Series,” is intended as a tool for training others in prophetic activation. It is now available for Kindle. Print copies can also be obtained from our office in Sano. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about ordering copies, or to obtain any of the four books from the “Building Apostolic-Prophetic Foundations” series, which are also available on Kindle:
• Judah Goes First: The Power of Apostolic-Prophetic Praise
• Activated to Prophesy: The Essential Experience for This New Church Era
• Apostles and Apostolic Anointing: Raising Up the End-Times Believers
For English or Japanese books, contact email@example.com.
For Chinese books, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are welcome to give to Yarn Alive via giving to Ron Sawka Ministries. Please clearly mark your designation. Thank you.
Bank Info and Online Giving (From Any Nation)
You can give online by credit card or debit card at https://give.mogiv.com/app/giving/rwsministries.
In addition to online/credit card giving, which can be used from any nation, you may give via the following:
Japan Apostolic Fund Supporters should give directly to CTF Japan. Also, Yarn Alive donations can be given directly.
Direct Bank Transfers from Overseas
Account name/number: Ronald W. Sawka 93642377
Bank name: SMBC Trust Bank
Address: Nishi Shimbashi Square 1-3-1 Nishi Shimbashi, Minato Ku, Tokyo Japan 105-0003
SWIFT code: SMTC JPJT
Intermediate bank name and SWIFT code: Sumitomo Mitsubishi Bank Corp. SMBC JPJT
CTF World USA, 2304 Page Rd, Durham, NC 27703. Please make out the check to CTF World. Be sure to clearly designate “For Ron Sawka Ministries.” If it is for Yarn Alive, please notify us separately at email@example.com.
POSBank 149-42129-7 (account name Ronald W. Sawka)
Bank: China Trust
Account Name: Ronald Wade Sawka
Account Number: 42854 0413470
KEB HANA BANK 249-890619-84307 Ronald Wade Sawka
Since we do not have a Canada office, we suggest you use the credit card option https://give.mogiv.com/app/giving/rwsministries. (Unfortunately, the receipt is not tax deductible for Canada.)
Apostolic Fund Supporters
Apostolic Fund Supporters are the backbone of our support system, and we feel you are so important. Therefore please know that we:
Pray for you regularly—if you have needs/requests, please let us know.
Send you a weekly recorded prayer.
Want you to contact us whenever you feel a need arises.
Yes, I Commit to Being an Apostolic Fund Supporter for 2023 (US $1,200 for the year)
Number of pledges:
Family members you want prayer for:
Also please be sure to attach a recent photo of you and your family (if applicable).
Please send us this information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2023 Apostolic Fund Supporter.”
Thank you for your giving!