Ron Sawka Ministries
August 23, 2023; Elul 6, 5783
“The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” (Ps. 27:1).
The Favor of the Lord Is on You—Ask Boldly!
Greetings once again! I am thankful for the last couple weeks of rest. Above all else, it seems the Lord desires that we rest in Him. This of course requires faith. But the more we rest in Him, the more fruitful our days become. “Rest” is actually a gift to us from the Lord. Ezekiel wrote, “Moreover I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me, that they might know that I am the Lord who sanctifies them” (Ezek. 20:12). We can conclude that the more we “rest” in Him, the more His presence shows up in our daily lives, and the more “special” (sanctified/set apart) our lives become.
We are now in Elul, the sixth Hebrew month, and it’s about bold expectations and asking. We are to do this because His favor is on us. Last year at this same time, I asked the Lord for three main things. I have reviewed each of those requests, and can see that in each area the Lord has been answering specifically and in significant measure. I want to continue those same petitions this year. The three main areas are as follows:
1. An explosion of healing and healing ministry—In the past twelve months, there have been numerous cases of healing. As do all of you, I want to see much, much more. I also know that one of my major callings is to activate others. Just as we have activated others to prophesy, I am glad we can activate every believer to confidently and easily minister healing to others.
2. A rapid increase in the rising up of apostolic centers for harvest—I wrote about apostolic centers recently in a previous update. Apostolic centers are normally large. But interestingly, the greatest explosion of growth today seems to be occurring as small groups. People get together and seek the Lord; they worship and rejoice in Him. His life flows. Miracles happen. People are drawn to Him. They grow. New ones come into the kingdom. Often in Japan, there are no churches nearby. If so, no problem. Begin to seek the Lord. He will connect you with others and good things will happen. You can be under our “umbrella.” In fact, no matter what nation you are in, you can begin an “apostolic center” under our “umbrella.”
3. “Great growth in MPP, including unchurched listeners ‘tuning in’ and choosing to follow Jesus”—was the prayer I made last year. MPP viewers/listeners have actually increased significantly the last twelve months, but I want it to increase more. Much more. It honors the Lord when we ask for more increase and more miracles. I want MPP to be well known, as well as being noted for the manifest power and presence of the Lord every time we meet.
Thanks for praying,
Ron and Teddy
P.S. Teddy continues to be at her family home in Ohio caring for her mother. She has been there since mid-July, and we’re not sure when she’ll be able to return home to Japan. Yarn Alive took a summer break and will resume at the end of this month. Thankfully, the women can carry on even if Teddy isn’t there.
The Month of Hope and Great Expectation!
Elul The 6th Hebrew Month of 5783, August 18–September 15
Elul is the sixth month of the ecclesiastical calendar, and the twelfth month of the civil calendar. It’s a month of hope. Yes, the previous two months were reminders of Israel’s major failures (i.e., golden calf, refusal to enter the Promised Land), but those months should also be viewed primarily as displays of His mercy and goodness. Despite their failures and delays, God brought them through. God is good! He wants us to have great expectation and hope.
I like the tradition of reading Psalm 27 each day during this month; it is similar to “counting the omer.” Truly, the Lord wants us filled with expectancy and vibrant hope. We must make sure this is our attitude and mindset.
More about Elul may be found here.
Sept. 17–18, Japan, Kobe Eiko Kirisuto Kyokai
Sept. 22–24, Malaysia, Sibu, Hosanna Church
Sept. 25–28, Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Agape School of Ministry
Sept. 29–Oct. 1, Malaysia, Bintulu, Canaan Assembly
Oct. 2–8, Malaysia, Kota Kinabalu
MPP (Mondays–Fridays, 6:00–6:45 a.m.)
MPP resumes Monday, August 28.
Weekly Broadcast Schedule (Times are listed in Japan Time, UTC+9:00.)
Apostolic for Russia—Fridays, twice monthly: August 25, September. 1, 15 7:00–8:00 p.m. Join us on Zoom (Meeting ID: 840 2016 0640, Code: 219951), or watch on YouTube.
Apostolic for China—Saturday, August 26, 8:00–9:30 p.m. Ten Reasons to Praise the Lord. Join us on Zoom (ID: 823 7276 5237, Code: 878174)
Note, I usually post links to my public Facebook page.
Ron’s new book, How to Activate Prophecy and Revelation Gifts, the first title in our new “Apostolic Center Training Series,” is intended as a tool for training others in prophetic activation. It is now available for Kindle. Print copies can also be obtained from our office in Sano. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about ordering copies, or to obtain any of the four books from the “Building Apostolic-Prophetic Foundations” series, which are also available on Kindle:
• Judah Goes First: The Power of Apostolic-Prophetic Praise
• Activated to Prophesy: The Essential Experience for This New Church Era
• Apostles and Apostolic Anointing: Raising Up the End-Times Believers
For English or Japanese books, contact email@example.com.
For Chinese books, firstname.lastname@example.org
You are welcome to give to Yarn Alive via giving to Ron Sawka Ministries. Please clearly mark your designation. Thank you.
Bank Info and Online Giving (From Any Nation)
You can give online by credit card or debit card at https://give.mogiv.com/app/giving/rwsministries.
In addition to online/credit card giving, which can be used from any nation, you may give via the following:
Japan Apostolic Fund Supporters should give directly to CTF Japan. Also, Yarn Alive donations can be given directly.
Direct Bank Transfers from Overseas
Account name/number: Ronald W. Sawka 93642377
Bank name: SMBC Trust Bank
Address: Nishi Shimbashi Square 1-3-1 Nishi Shimbashi, Minato Ku, Tokyo Japan 105-0003
SWIFT code: SMTC JPJT
Intermediate bank name and SWIFT code: Sumitomo Mitsubishi Bank Corp. SMBC JPJT
CTF World USA, 2304 Page Rd, Durham, NC 27703. Please make out the check to CTF World. Be sure to clearly designate “For Ron Sawka Ministries.” If it is for Yarn Alive, please notify us separately at email@example.com.
POSBank 149-42129-7 (account name Ronald W. Sawka)
Bank: China Trust
Account Name: Ronald Wade Sawka
Account Number: 42854 0413470
KEB HANA BANK 249-890619-84307 Ronald Wade Sawka
Since we do not have a Canada office, we suggest you use the credit card option https://give.mogiv.com/app/giving/rwsministries. (Unfortunately, the receipt is not tax deductible for Canada.)
Apostolic Fund Supporters
Apostolic Fund Supporters are the backbone of our support system, and we feel you are so important. Therefore please know that we:
Pray for you regularly—if you have needs/requests, please let us know.
Send you a weekly recorded prayer.
Want you to contact us whenever you feel a need arises.
Yes, I Commit to Being an Apostolic Fund Supporter for 2023 (US $1,200 for the year)
Number of pledges:
Family members you want prayer for:
Also please be sure to attach a recent photo of you and your family (if applicable).
Please send us this information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2023 Apostolic Fund Supporter.”
Thank you for your giving!