Ron Sawka Ministries
January 11, 2023; Tevet 18, 5783
“And you shall consecrate the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a Jubilee for you; and each of you shall return to his possession, and each of you shall return to his family” (Lev. 25:10).
“Moreover I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me, that they might know that I am the Lord who sanctifies them” (Ezek. 20:12).
God Is Restoring Us to Our Original Destinies!
This year has started with a bang. Busy, busy, busy! It’s just as someone prophesied to me a couple of months ago: “There is a huge wave coming. God has prepared you—given you the surfboard—the wave will quickly carry you to many places.” Indeed, that has been the case since our trip to Bali in late September and the beginning of the Hebrew year, and now in this Western calendar year as well.
The somewhat “enforced rest” of Covid (almost no travel and scaled-down activities) lasted for two-and-a-half years and reminded me of Jubilee. The forty-ninth year was a sabbath year (no working the fields), as was the fiftieth, the Jubilee year. So by the time they had a harvest again, it was almost three years, which is more or less the amount of time of Covid and its restrictions. I see at least three lessons for us from this Jubilee-like period.
1. Reconnecting to Our Source—The purpose of any sabbath is to cause us to be sure we are properly and totally connected to the Lord. He is our source. It’s not through our laboring or our brains or our ideas, but it’s the Lord who brings prosperity. Observing the rest, whether weekly, every seven years, or even the fiftieth year of Jubilee rest, causes us to see He is the source of all things—and the more connected we are with Him the better. We should all have come out of Covid more connected to the Lord. He, and He alone, is my source of everything.
2. Refreshing and Being Set Apart—The sabbaths were a gift from God to His people for resting, refreshing, and being more set apart to Him. (“Moreover I also gave them My Sabbaths that they might know that I am the Lord who sanctifies them” [Ezek. 20:12].) When we rest, God refreshes us and also sets us apart. There is also something deep and precious that God does in our lives when we choose to keep His rest. Think of how the Lord caused Adam to fall into a deep sleep and then created Eve. Doesn’t that cause you to wonder what the Lord is creating on our behalf as we rest in Him? What has He been preparing and creating on your behalf during these times of Covid rest?
3. Returns Us to Our Destiny—Jubilee meant that everyone’s original land was restored. That family land might have been lost due to misfortune or calamity, or maybe through mismanagement, neglect, or failure. But God didn’t want those descendants to live with lack in perpetuity. He didn’t want them locked in failure or mediocrity. He wanted their land restored so they could have a new beginning.
I believe that “land” in the Old Testament represents our destinies, callings, and God’s plans for us today. Many of us might say, “I haven’t reached my destiny.” We may recognize we have come far short of the potential God has for us. This may be because of our own mistakes or failures, or even somewhat from the failures/mistakes/misfortunes of our forefathers.
But God doesn’t want it to stay that way. He doesn’t want me to be locked into failure. He doesn’t want me to be locked into mediocrity. He wants my destiny restored to me. Jesus is the restorer.
I believe the two–three years of Covid is kind of a prophetic sign of Jubilee. God wants us to know that He can and will restore our destinies and callings. Just like land was restored during Jubilee, God has been working in us—working in His church—to give us a new beginning.
I definitely believe this for God’s ekklesia, the church. These three years signal a destiny. Now the church is stepping into the greatest harvest the world will have ever seen.
But please don’t limit it to the church. Take this picture for yourself as well. Let this be a time of unlocking and restoring—an entering into the fullness of our destiny and His plans for us. Let it be a new beginning.
Thanks for praying,
Ron and Teddy
Keep Maturing—Be Sure to Put On the Crown and Rule with Him
Tevet—The Tenth Hebrew Month: December 25, 2022–January 22, 2023
We need to remember we aren’t just priests, but also kings. Hebrews 7 tells us Jesus was made a priest after the order of Melchizedek. Melchizedek was both a priest and a king. We must make sure to keep maturing and deal with “self” and “flesh” issues by walking in continual dedication to the Lord.
A more complete explanation of Tevet and the accompanying declarations may be found here.
Ron’s Travel Schedule
Jan. 22–Feb. 12—Taiwan
Weekly Broadcast Schedule (Times are listed in Japan Time, UTC+9:00.)
Apostolic Center Training—Tuesdays, 8:30–10:00 p.m., English/Chinese, registration required. There are no meetings during January due to Chinese New Year. Classes begin again February 7.
Apostolic for Russia resumes January 13.
Prophetic Praise with Pete—Sundays–Thursdays, 10:00–10:30 p.m.
MPP—Mondays–Fridays, 6:00–6:45 a.m. MPP has resumed as of Monday, January 11.
Ron’s new book, How to Activate Prophecy and Revelation Gifts, the first title in our new “Apostolic Center Training Series,” is intended as a tool for training others in prophetic activation. It is now available for Kindle. Print copies can also be obtained from our office in Sano. Contact email@example.com for information about ordering copies, or to obtain any of the four books from the “Building Apostolic-Prophetic Foundations” series, which are also available on Kindle:
• Judah Goes First: The Power of Apostolic-Prophetic Praise
• Activated to Prophesy: The Essential Experience for This New Church Era
• Apostles and Apostolic Anointing: Raising Up the End-Times Believers
• Apostolic Centers: Wineskin for the New Era
For English or Japanese books, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Chinese books, email@example.com
You are welcome to give to Yarn Alive via giving to Ron Sawka Ministries. Please clearly mark your designation. Thank you.
Bank Info and Online Giving (From Any Nation)
You can give online by credit card or debit card at https://give.mogiv.com/app/giving/rwsministries.
In addition to online/credit card giving, which can be used from any nation, you may give via the following:
Japan Apostolic Fund Supporters should give directly to CTF Japan. Also Yarn Alive support should go directly to Yarn Alive as per www.yarnalive.com.
Direct Bank Transfers from Overseas
Account name/number: Ronald W. Sawka 93642377
Bank name: SMBC Trust Bank
Address: Nishi Shimbashi Square 1-3-1 Nishi Shimbashi, Minato Ku, Tokyo Japan 105-0003
SWIFT code: SMTC JPJT
Intermediate bank name and SWIFT code: Sumitomo Mitsubishi Bank Corp. SMBC JPJT
CTF World USA, 2304 Page Rd, Durham, NC 27703. Please make out the check to CTF World. Be sure to clearly designate “For Ron