Ron Sawka Ministries
April 21, 2021; Iyar 9, 5781
“Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you”(Isa. 60:1, NKJV).
“Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you” (1 Pet. 4:12, NIV).
“From Issachar, men who understood the times and knew what Israel should do” (1 Chron. 12:32, NIV).
Don’t Be Surprised—Just Say “No” When Darkness Tries to Overtake You!
“Whenever you feel darkness trying to overtake you, say ‘no’ to it.” I can’t remember if that sentence was from my notes from several years ago when Chuck Pierce was teaching on the Hebrew months, or if I myself wrote it later, but recently the Lord spoke to me powerfully through it. Also note Isaiah 60:1, which states the glory of the Lord will radiate off of us.
I had been going through some difficulties and found I was arguing with myself and with others (in my mind) about this problem. Of course that accomplished nothing except wasting time and energy. The more I analyzed and the deeper I looked, the worse it seemed. On top of that, I began to see other potential problems—I wondered if I was doing something wrong. Was someone else doing something wrong?
That’s when I came across the above statement and realized I needed to write about this. In this month of Iyar, we are to be like the tribe of Issachar and understand both the times we are in and what we are to do. When you feel darkness harassing you, say “no” to it and choose to shine. A few points are as follows:
1. Don’t be surprised when the devil/darkness tries to overtake you. The devil needs no excuse or reason. He will attack whenever he can. That is who he is.
2. Change your default mode from “analyzing” to “shining.” Yes, it’s good to examine oneself. But first choose to shine. The Lord’s glory is upon us. Let it radiate forth.
3. Say “no.” In other words, “Resist the devil and he will flee from you” (Jam. 4:7).
4. Immediately follow the prompting of the Holy Spirit. If He shows that your attitude or thinking is wrong, or if He says just “drop it” and trust Him, then do so. Otherwise, things will only get worse, the principle of which is illustrated in Matthew 5:25, which states, “Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison.”
5. Shine, shine, shine! It’s not a matter of “if” or “when” His glory will come on you. It is already there. Let it shine. That attitude will quickly enable you to see the whole problem very clearly and you will soon find yourself walking in victory.
Thanks for praying. Be blessed.
Ron and Teddy
P.S. Please note we have teams available to minister. Please feel free to contact us.
Those who have special needs for ministry can contact us here.
The Importance of Our Words: Understanding the Times We Are In
Iyar: The second month of the Hebrew Year, April 13–May 11
Iyar is a transitional month and God wants to position us for increase and multiplication. Let’s be sure our thoughts and words reflect this. The blessings of Iyar are available here.
Online Apostolic Center
Below is a list and times (Japan Standard Time) of public meetings you can connect with via Ron’s public Facebook page.
Every Tues., 8:30–10 p.m., Apostolic Center Training, English/Chinese. Registration required.
Every Fri., 7:00–8:00 p.m., English/Russian
Mon.–Fri., 6:00–6:45 a.m., Morning Prophetic Prayer, English/Japanese
Sun., April 25, 8:30 p.m., Apostolic for China, English/Chinese
Sat., May 1, 8:30–10:30 p.m., Zebulon Apostolic Center. Registration required.
Morning Prophetic Prayer (MPP)
No MPP on the following days:
April 29–May 5 (Thurs.–Wed.). Japan Golden Week holiday. MPP resumes Thursday, May 6.
You can join the live broadcast via Facebook (Ron’s public page), or can access the other channels to view the recording at your convenience:
Giving to Ron Sawka Ministries
1. Thank you so much for your giving, which plays such a vital role in helping us to do what the Lord has assigned to us. No matter what amount the Lord puts on your heart, we are so very, very thankful.
2. You may also feel led to become an Apostolic Fund Supporter (AFS) by pledging to give $1,200 (US) or its equivalent for the year.
Yes, I Commit to Being an Apostolic Fund Supporter for 2021
Number of pledges:
Family members you want prayer for:
Also please be sure to attach a recent photo of you and your family (if applicable).
Please send us this information with the subject line “2021 Apostolic Fund Supporter.”
Bank Info and Online Giving (From Any Nation)
You can give online by credit card or debit card at https://give.mogiv.com/app/giving/rwsministries.
In addition to online/credit card giving which can be used from any nation, you may give via the following:
Japan Post Bank: 029 Branch
Account No: 0142537
Account Name: CTF Japan
Account Code Number: 00250-6-142537
Direct Bank Transfers from Overseas
Account name/number: Ronald W. Sawka 93642377
Bank name: SMBC Trust Bank
Address: Nishi Shimbashi Square 1-3-1 Nishi Shimbashi, Minato Ku, Tokyo Japan 105-0003
SWIFT code: SMTC JPJT
Intermediate bank name and SWIFT code: Sumitomo Mitsubishi Bank Corp. SMBC JPJT
CTF World USA, 2304 Page Rd, Durham, NC 27703. Please make out the check to CTF World. Be sure to clearly designate “For Ron Sawka Ministries.”
POSBank 149-42129-7 (account name Ronald W. Sawka)
Bank: China Trust
Account Name: Ronald Wade Sawka