Shevat, the Eleventh Month of the Hebrew Year
1. One of the keys in this eleventh month is declaring forcefully (i.e., shouting) that your promised blessing is on the way. This is actually multiplied when you consider that this whole decade is about declaring. Let’s be stronger than ever in our declaration (and expectation) that indeed God’s blessings are “on the way.” Our continual declaration should be “God is good. Very good!”
2. The month of the tribe of Asher—In Genesis 49:20 when Jacob blessed his sons, he said Asher would have a life of abundance of food and delicacies fit for a king. This really is what God wants for us: an abundant, overflowing life, filled with good things. Jesus said, “I am come that they may have life … more abundantly” (John 10:10).
3. However, beware of the overindulgence of delicacies (Prov. 23:3)—Read the book of Daniel. He turned down the king’s delicacies and tested out ten times better than all the others.
4. A month to develop a plan to sustain the generations—The ones you mentor; how does your olive tree blossom?
5. The month of the Hebrew letter tsade [ץ]—Your righteousness becomes your foundation. It’s on this basis that we connect with the trees in our fields. What fields are there? Who is planted there? Are the trees ready to bear fruit?
The constellation this month is Aquarius, the water carrier—Your roots awaken to the water of life. The river of God touches our roots. We are like a tree, planted by a river (Ps. 1:3). It’s correct that we should expect a great, great awakening in our lives with the Lord.
6. Look for those who are bringing pitchers of water to you—Many decisions will be made so you can be watered in a new way. Trust the Lord to bring you people who will minister to you. Study the story of Rebecca in Genesis 24 (she brought water for Eliezer, which led to her marrying Isaac), and the Samaritan woman in John 4 (she came just for natural water, but received the water of life).
A month to shout “My blessings are on the way.” There is a shout inside of you: “My thirst will be quenched” (see John 7:37–39). The Holy Spirit is always faithful in helping us to go deeper and deeper in the Lord.
7 The month of the new year of trees—Choose to eat of the tree of life (Gen. 3:22) and not rely on human effort and understanding. God has provided for us. Note the seventy palm trees at Elim (Exod. 15:27). Furthermore, we are like a green olive tree in the house of God (Ps. 52:8); we are also the planting of the Lord (Isa. 60:21; 61:3).
8. A good month to partake of food—You will end your Daniel fast. Ask the Lord to help you with your eating habits with regard to how/what you eat.
9. The month of the stomach and esophagus—What you’re tasting produces the life or nourishment for your future. If you are in the word of God, then you can digest what God gives us prophetically. Make sure to spend extra time reading God’s word this month.
Be sure to eat the word—Taste and see that the Lord is good (Ps 34:8), then we will be able to digest new revelation that comes. Be sure to hold this truth firmly that the Lord is good. If we don’t know that He is good, we will miss "revelation" that He wants to give us.